Saturday, October 8, 2011

Bows bows bows!

I don't sell a whole lot of bows. I am not the best business woman! I love to craft but hate marketing, and putting myself out there. From time to time by word of mouth I get a few orders. Some know exactly what they want, others just give me freedom with a color scheme. This month I had a few back to back orders that took me a few weeks to complete. I tried out a lot of new bow tutorials. It was so fun and challenging! My girls were thrilled as they got a few new bows in the process.
I will give credit where due, linking to the tutorials I used. Some of these flowers I found tutorials for long ago and have no idea who to give credit.
These are some from my first order. MK has two girls. She wanted a few neutral, and then pink and purples to match her girls outfits.I recently discovered covered buttons. I love them!Here is another variation of the burnt edge flower. I also made these in pink and white satinThese are my favorite Sunday barrettes. They are time consuming but its worth the effort. I found if I hold the middle of each petal over the flame it gives it a little extra dimension.
These are my new favorite barrettes! A mindless sort of activity, I can sit in front of the TV hand stitching and gathering ribbon then get to assembling them later. I learned from this one fish line works really well and hides well on multicolored ribbon.
I found this tutorial here
Another variation These ones took me a few tries to get right. I was too lazy to use a needle and thread so I used a little hot glue. Once again a covered button really finishes it off.
This tutorial I found here

Order #2 was for homecoming. Ks Mom wanted "big" cheer bows
I don't normally make big bows. This was definitely a first for me. Please she wanted them on the snap clips not the alligator type clips. I learned when using the snap clips, glue the bow on while the clip is open, then after a few minutes close it and then open it a few times. Otherwise it is rather stiff.
I definitely need to work on my big bow making ability.

Order #3 was for the big OU game this weekend. Ms. G needed a few "little" clips for her baby. I forgot to take picture before delivering them. But I am sure she wore them proudly after their big win!!


My girls were so excited to get a few new bows of their own. These babies are so super easy and super cute!!
I found the tutorial hereThis is Ape Babies favorite. She wore it all last week! Another covered buttonI made this for my flittering butterfly. She loves Zebras.

It was fun putting my bow making skills to work. A friend dropped by one day and kept me company while she made a few of her own. Another friend dropped by the most delicious spring rolls so I didn't have to break for lunch. My little Mr. Emo made me a few bows of his own.My living room is grateful to be rid of all evidence of a week of no cleaning, neglect and the brimming boxes of craft supplies decorating every empty corner.
Back to life as normal.

1 comment:

  1. Hello, my name is Kelsey and I'm a senior in high school on our varisty cheerleading team. I saw the photo of your "big bows" on google and fell in love with the third bow and wondered if you could possibly tell me how to make them for m team. Our coach usually makes our bows and theyre usually three things of ribbon tied in a knot..haha. So I'd love to make them or my squad. My email is clary.kelsey@yahoo.com and if you could, we would all very much appreciate it. Thank you so much!
    Kelsey

    ReplyDelete